If you are a young carer, there are many groups and organisations that can provide the extra help and support you need.
- The Children’s Society’s Include programme, which is home to their Young Carers Initiative, caters for those under 18 who are looking after a parent or sibling. Its aims are to promote inclusion in school, the community and service provision for all young carers
- www.youngcarers.net is an online community of young carers where you can discuss your problems or seek advice from qualified youth workers. The site also offers newsletters and discussion boards
- If you live in Hampshire, contact Hampshire Young Carers
- If you live in Surrey, contact Surrey Young Carers
- The Wise Mouse ISBN 0954512308 - a book to help children who have a parent with mental illness, available to order from www.youngminds.org.uk.