In times of crisis or distress please call: 0300 456 83 42
There is a SMS texting facility for people who are deaf or hard of hearing: 07717 989024
Textphone calls for people who are deaf or hard of hearing are supported through the Text Relay Service by calling: 18001 0300 456 83 42
When is the Crisis Helpline Available?
- 5.00pm - 9.00am Monday to Friday, with 24 hours cover at weekends including Bank Holidays. If the lines are engaged your call will be diverted to an answer-phone which will enable you to leave your contact details and someone will call you back within 30 minutes.
- In-hours the phone will be answered by staff based in the Redhill Crisis House but your call will be directed to the respective day time Community Mental Health Team / Service who can provide support and undertake a crisis screening assessment role.
Other useful numbers and web addresses
What can the Crisis Helpline offer?
- A trained member of staff will listen to your situation and assess what help you may require
- Support and help for people with mental health problems and those who have concerns about them in times of difficulties
- Accurate information and advice about what mental health services are available. If you need the Home Treatment Team we will connect you directly to this service
- Communicate with other services or teams on your behalf if you wish
- Support, in a non-directive way, to empower and encourage you to take control of your own life and come to your own decisions
The Crisis Helpline is staffed by care professionals who are experienced in working with people with mental health issues.
Will your call be kept confidential?
Yes. However, we may have to pass on details of our assessment or actions to other relevant agencies or professionals in order to ensure that you benefit from additional care and support. We will inform you of such actions.
There may be some circumstances where we would break confidentiality without your consent. Examples of this are if there is a concern that you are putting yourself or another person at risk of serious harm, or if we have been instructed to do so by a court, or if the information is essential for the investigation of a serious crime.