How to Make a Complaint

We are committed to listening to people to help improve services. Our main aim is to do whatever we can to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction. We hope this information will help.

Before you make a complaint you may wish to discuss your concerns informally with the Modern Matron, Ward/Service Manager who is close to the source of your concern.

Alternatively you may wish to receive help and advice from PALS, a confidential service established to provide assistance in helping to solve problems and concerns quickly.

Please download the PALS leaflet. An easy read version is also available.

Making a complaint

If there are issues that cannot be resolved speedily or you wish a more formal approach to be taken to resolve your concerns we will:

  • Clarify your complaint with you to find out exactly what you are unhappy about and what you want to see happen as a result of your complaint
  • Agree together on the best way to get a satisfactory solution to your concerns or the problems you are experiencing (in other words, we will agree a plan of action)
  • Once your complaint has been looked into as planned, the Trust will write to you to explain how the complaint has been resolved and what appropriate action has been taken

You can contact our PALS and Complaints Manager, at:

18 Mole Business Park
Surrey KT22 7AD


SMS text 07786 202545 (messages are responded to during office hours only)

A senior manager is appointed to look into the concerns raised within the complaint. They then liaise with the members of staff involved and ask for their views on your concerns and an explanation of what happened.

We will share with you the findings of the investigation and should there be any outstanding concerns we will continue to work with you to try and resolve these issues.

Our promise to you

People who use services and their carers will not be treated in any adverse way as a result of making a complaint.

Where can I get help or advice?

If you require advice, independent of the Trust, you can contact your local NHS Complaints Advocacy Service:

If you live in Surrey:

Healthwatch Surrey
Astolat, Coniers Way
Burpham, Surrey

Tel: 0300 030 7333
Text: 07561 392818

If you live in Hampshire:

Healthwatch Hampshire
Health Complaints Advocacy
Leigh Park CAB
Community Centre
Dunsbury Way

Tel: 02392 459924

Other advocacy services and help lines:

  • MIND: 0300 123 3393
  • Saneline: 0300 304 7000
  • Action for Carers – Surrey: 01483 302748
  • Carers Together - NE Hants: 08000 323459
  • Samaritans: 116 123

What if I remain unhappy about the investigation?

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the local resolution process you may ask the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to consider your complaint.

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Complaints Helpline: 0345 015 4033