Over 200 parents and children attended the event at Apple Tree Day Nursery (on West Park Road, off Horton Lane, Epsom.)
- Pre-school graduation: seven children ‘graduated’ from the nursery to start school in September. Wearing mini graduation robes they were presented with a certificate by ex-school teacher and nursery nurse Mrs Stewart on a mini podium.
- Games: led by ‘Sporticus’ from the TV Show ‘Lazy Town’ included a parents tug of war, dad’s dressing up and obstacle race and mum’s three legged race.
- Summer Fete: Toy raffle, toy sale, cake sale, bouncy castle, coconut shy, tombola, face painting
- Silent auction: for prizes including a photo portrait session for four, including photos; family trip to Chessington World of Adventures and to Horton Country Park.
- Tree-planting: The nursery, which was established in 1984 (so nearly 30 years old) was re-named Apple Tree Day Nursery on the day. An apple tree was planted to mark the occasion by the nursery managers and children were given green apples and red and green balloons.
Apple Tree caters for up to 50 children aged from 3 months to 5 years. It recently received an ‘Ofsted Outstanding’ rating and local families have been giving it positve reviews online with comments such as “the outside space is the best in the area” and “the staff are all incredible, within days they feel like family.”
The nursery is owned by Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust but open to all (so not just the children of parents who work for the NHS).
This enables the nursery to offer an excellent service at very competitive rates compared to privately owned nurseries in the area. See more at www.appletreedaynursery.com