Do you use any of the Trust’s services?
Do you care for someone who uses our services?
Join our Forum of Carers and people who Use our Services as one way of having your say about the way we do things and helping us improve services.
Some of the things FoCUS has achieved are:
- Improvements to the STEPPS therapy programme and development of parallel training for carers to improve their understanding
- Working with staff to develop a new CMHRS discharge leaflet
- Issues raised regarding discharge from CMHRS prompted the Trust to undertake an audit checking compliance with standards for discharge
- Involvement in developing Single Point of Access for people in a crisis
- Fed back on accessible information policy, welcome packs, appointment letters and the smoking policy
- Raised accessibility issues at Farnham Road Hospital
Join Your Local Area Group
The area groups meet on a regular basis to provide people who use services and carers with the opportunity to hear about what is happening in the Trust and feedback their comments or any concerns about the health and social care of people with mental ill-health or learning disabilities.
Please get involved and join one of our area groups - you are welcome to join any group that is convenient for you. We are able to pay your travel expenses at each meeting and can arrange transport for you if required.
Members of each area group may then be elected as an Area Representative where they can join the Trust Directors in the FoCUS Committee.
Below you can find meeting agendas and minutes so that you can keep up to date with the latest discussions even if you can’t always make it to the meetings.
FoCUS is supported independently of Surrey and Borders by the Surrey Coalition of Disabled People and LF Solutions. To find out more about FoCUS please contact:
Surrey Coalition of Disabled People
Tel: 01483 456 558
Text: 07780 933 053
Mobile: 07727 273 242