This year there are 24 seats up for re-election across Surrey and NE Hampshire.
We are looking for people who are committed and passionate about improving the lives of adults and children, who use our services, and their carers and families. Our Governors contribute hugely to the effectiveness of the Trust. They hold our Board to account on performance and ensure the views of people who use services and those who live locally are represented.
To stand for election, you must be a member of our Trust in the constituency for which you wish to be elected and you must be 16 years or older. Membership is free and open to everyone living in England over 14. For more information, contact Governance Manager, Mandie MacLennan.
The role of a Governor
What our Governors do
- Work with the Board to monitor, improve, and develop services for the communities we serve
- Come to our quarterly Council of Governor meetings to talk about our performance
- Select with the Board areas we want to improve on as a priority to help people live better lives
- Bring the views of local people, those who use our services and carers into our major change programmes
Governors' Statutory Duties
- Appoint or remove the chairman and non-executive directors
- Approve the terms and conditions for non-executive directors
- Respond as appropriate when consulted by directors
- Develop the membership, representing the interests of members
- Receive the annual accounts and the annual report
Which seats are up for election?
* please note this seat does not become vacant until September 2020
Can I stand for election?
To be able to stand for election you must:
- Be a member of the Trust in the constituency for which you wish to be elected
- Be 16 years or older
- Agree to carry out your duties if elected as a Governor
- Have read the disqualification criteria that will be sent to you with the nomination pack and made sure that none of them apply to you
- Complete and return your nomination form, more details of the application procedure are available here.
How to apply & timetable
The webinars will be available on:
Tuesday 11 February 2020, 7pm to 8pm.
- Monday 24 February 2020, 7pm to 8pm.
The deadline for signing up for these webinars has now passed; if you would have been interested in signing up, please get in touch with Mandie MacLennan to discuss other ways to participate.
Find out more at our drop-in sessions
If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a Governor, feel free to drop in to one of our sessions:
|Thursday 6 February||Farnham Road Hospital,
Farnham Road, Guildford
|2pm to 4pm|
|Tuesday 11 February||Webinar||7pm to 8pm|
Thursday 13 February
|10am to 12 noon|
Tuesday 18 February
|Surrey & Borders Partnership
18 Mole Business Park,
Randalls Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7AD
5pm to 7.30pm
Wednesday 19 February
|2.30pm to 4.30pm|
Thursday 20 February
Please note: 2 sessions available
10am to 12 noon
2.30pm to 4.30pm
Monday 24 February
|Webinar||7pm to 8pm|
To take part in one of our webinars you will need to register in advance by completing a simple form.
For more information, contact Governance Manager, Mandie MacLennan.