Are you an Allied Health Professional (AHP) looking to Return to Practice? We want to help you!
We are committed to offering opportunities and supervised placements for AHPs looking to return to practice to refresh and update their skills and knowledge in preparation for meeting the requirements to re-register with the Healthcare Professionals Council (HCPC).
The HCPC recommends these minimum requirements to return to practice:
- 0-2 years out of your profession – no requirements – look on NHS Jobs for our latest vacancies
- 2-5 years out of your profession – 30 days of updating your skills and knowledge
- 5 years or over out of your profession – 60 days of updating your skills and knowledge.
The required timeframes are made up of supervised practice, formal and private study (no more than 50% of the total hours can be private study). Although not mandated or endorsed by HCPC, Returnees are encouraged to sign up to the HEE Return to Practice programme for clinical, academic and financial support. Returnees have 12 months to update their skills and knowledge.Learn more about AHP careers
Supervised practice alongside a member of the Returnee’s own profession can be used towards hours for the Return to Practice programme and submitted to HCPC as evidence for registration. At Surrey and Border Partnership, we can provide:
- Supervised placements in a range of settings
- Regular Clinical Supervision
- Access to e-learning and other CPD to help build your knowledge and skills
Talk to us to find out how we can help you return to practice.
For further information contact: Lynn Cheung, AHP Learning Environment Lead: Lynn.Cheung@sabp.nhs.uk
Follow us on Twitter @AHPs_SABP @OT_SABP and @SLT_SABP for the latest AHP updates from across our Trust.
- Return to Practice - mythbusters | Health Education England (hee.nhs.uk)