Surrey KT19 8PH,
Telephone: 01372 202 100
Fax: 01372 202 138
Manager: Rosie Field
Out of Hours Contact
Trust Switchboard: 0300 5555 222
The Children and Young People Learning Disability Team provide a specialist service for children and young people with learning disabilities in tier 3, following the framework recommended in Count Us In and Every Child Matters.
We provide assessment, consultation, intervention, training and liaison, which may involve professionals from more than one discipline. Interventions are based on assessment formulation and care planning. It is collaborative, goal orientated, and where possible time limited. Interventions are evidence based. Consultation and training is aimed at enhancing the confidence and competence necessary to deliver an intervention provided by others, involved in the care of young people. “Knowledge” will vary between disciplines and individuals. Feedback to professionals and families is respectful, open and clear and correspondence is copied to families unless there is good documented reason not to.
We are based at Ramsay House in Epsom. To find us, please use the map on the right or download a printable map.
- Epsom and Ewell
- Mole Valley
- Call CAMHS Single Point of Access: 0300 222 5755 (8am-8pm Monday to Friday, 9am -12pm Saturday)
- Write to us: CAMHS Single Point of Access, First Floor Dominion House, Woodbridge Road, Guildford, Surrey GU1 4PU
- Use our secure portal
Social workers from the below teams should make referrals through CAMHS social work referral pathway:
- Child in Need
- Child Protection
- Children with Disabilities
The service accepts referrals for children and young people where:
- Behaviours and/or development needs that have a significant impact on the child or young person’s development, quality of life and/or is causing distress to the child, young person, family or carers
- Behaviours of such frequency and intensity that cause distress to the individual and/or family/carers and potentially impact upon family resilience
- Behaviours indicative of established or emerging mental illness
- Behaviours which are clear and persistent, which are causing functioning to deteriorate and problems to escalate
- Behaviour that is severe and high risk, significant and complex