Barnardo's South East & Anglia Regional Office,
Satellite Business Village ,
Sussex RH10 9NE,
Telephone: 01293 610689
9am-5pm Monday to Friday
Service Manager: Lynne Johnston
Barnardo’s aim to support parents/carers of children (6 to 18 years old) who have a diagnosis of, or are in the process of getting a diagnosis of ADHD. We give parents and carers strategies to manage challenging behaviour whilst gaining support from parents or carers in a similar situation. We have groups all over Surrey that run during the day and evening.This support and advice is delivered in either a 7 week or 8 week programme; within your local community, during school hours, or in the evenings.
We empower parents by helping them to:
- gain confidence and skills as parents when living with a child with ADHD
- exploring how positive parenting is beneficial to the family as a whole
- discuss strategies for effective behaviour management
- have the opportunity to meet with other parents
- understanding the importance of clear communication for a child with ADHD
We have two skills building programmes, The Parent Factor in ADHD is for parents/carers of children that have an ADHD diagnosis (7 week skills building programme) and the Nurturing Programme, delivered with ADHD as a clear focus, is for those parents/carers awaiting a diagnosis for their child. (8 week skills building programme).
For further information please click here.
- Mole Valley
- Reigate and Banstead
- Surrey Heath
We only accept referrals from health and social care professionals.
To make a referral:
- Call CAMHS One Stop: 0300 222 5755 (8am-8pm Monday to Friday, 9am -12pm Saturday)
- Write to us: CAMHS One Stop, First Floor Dominion House, Woodbridge Road, Guildford, Surrey GU1 4PU
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use our secure portal
Social workers from the below teams should make referrals through CAMHS social work referral pathway:
- Child in Need
- Child Protection
- Children with Disabilities
Parents/Carers that have been referred to us can expect to receive a phone call from a Barnardo’s worker within 5 working days. They will introduce the service and give an opportunity to discuss the support and needs required as well as answering any questions.
We accept referrals from CAMHS or One Stop.
All children and young people need to be registered with a GP in Surrey to be referred to Mindsight Surrey CAMHS.