We welcome involvement from students who would like to undertake research within our Trust.
Policies & procedures
Anyone who would like to conduct a study should read and comply with our research and development policies and procedures:
- Research and development policy & procedures
- Clinical trial guidelines and procedures
- Clinical trials for investigational medicinal products policy
Researchers are responsible for submitting the correct and complete documentation to our research and development office in a timely manner. We suggest that prospective researchers submit in parallel to their IRAS application.
Student researchers should approach their university for help with ensuring that they understand our policies and procedures, and have all the required documentation in hand.
The following documentation is required electronically:
- Expression of Interest form. It is the researcher's responsibility to identify an SABP field supervisor to advise them who the professional lead and service manager will be. The lead professional and service manager need to countersign the Expression of Interest.
- A full or outline protocol/proposal for the study
- All attachments, addendums, appendices etc relating to the proposal
- An XML version of the IRAS application
- A HRA Approval letter and REC letter
- A MHRA approval letter if applicable
- Confirmation from the relevant sponsor or university of insurance/indemnity cover
All external researchers who seek access to the Trust will need to obtain an honorary research contact (by submitting a research passport where appropriate), and will be issued with a SABP letter of access before entering Trust premises. Researchers who have a contractual relationship with an NHS body should submit the relevant documentation and request an NHS-to-NHS letter of access.