Do you have a disability?
Are you caring for someone with a disability?
Does a colleague have a disability and you want advice on how to support them?
Our membership is varied; some of us have a disability, others provide support to ensure that everyone gets the help they need - but everyone is welcome.
We give advice to anyone who needs it and provide a place for people to discuss their experiences of living and working with a disability or caring for someone who has a disability.
There are many disabilities, some are obvious and others are hidden. They can affect us mentally, physically or both. What is important is how we and others understand and appreciate each other.
- To create a culture that is positive about disability
- To make sure everyone has the opportunity and feel confident
- to speak about their disability
- to be honest and open about any disability issues so they can get the support they need
- to feel valued for the talents and skills they bring
- to do their job to the best of their ability
- to develop and have the best work experience here every day
- to think creatively and flexibly and feel able to make positive change happen
- Partnering with the Trust and helping it to:
- respond better when something is not right or someone needs help and support
- make sure our policies and procedures help and do not hinder
When we meet
The group meets quarterly on the first Wednesday of March, June, September and December. Our meetings take place at Trust HQ (18 Mole Business Park, Leatherhead KT22 7AD) and from 10am until 12 noon.
How to join
It's easy to join, to find out more email us on email@example.com