Do you have a disability, impairment or long term condition?
Are you caring for someone with a disability, impairment or long term condition?
Does a colleague have a disability, impairment or long term condition and you want advice on how to support them?
Our membership is varied; some of us have a disability, impairment or long term condition, others provide support to ensure that everyone gets the help they need - but everyone is welcome.
We give advice to anyone who needs it and provide a place for people to discuss their experiences of living and working with a disability, impairment or long term condition or caring for someone who has a disability impairment or long term condition.
There are many disabilities, impairments or long term conditions some are obvious and others are not so visible. They can affect us mentally, physically or both. What is important is how we and others understand and appreciate each other.
- To create a culture that is positive about disability, impairment and long term conditions
- To make sure everyone has the opportunity and feels confident to:
- speak about their disability, impairment or long term conditions
- be honest and open about any issues related to their health and well-being so they can get the support they need
- feel valued for the talents and skills they bring
- do their job to the best of their ability
- develop and have the best work experience here every day
- think creatively and flexibly and feel able to make positive change happen
- Partnering with the Trust and helping it to:
- respond better when something is not right or someone needs help and support
- make sure our policies and procedures help and do not hinder
When we meet
The group meets quarterly on the first Wednesday of March, June, September and December from 10am until 12 noon. Our meetings are currently taking place virtually via Microsoft Teams.
How to join
It's easy to join, to find out more email us on email@example.com