LGBT+ Staff Network - It's important that staff thrive personally and professionally in an encouraging and non-discriminatory environment and our Trust wants everyone to feel comfortable and able to be their fullest selves.
The Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans + staff network offers support to staff with issues relating to sexual orientation and gender identity.
The network welcomes everyone, regardless how they identify and encourages people to be an ally to all or part of the LGBT+ community and help promote LGBT+ interests and equality at work.
We work to focus on and support all LGBT+ people, including marginalised or underrepresented LGBT from the following groups:
- Black and Minority Ethnic group LGBT people / LGBT people of colour (in partnership with the Trust’s BME Staff Network)
- Bi people
- LGBT carers (in partnership with the Trust’s carers network)
- LGBT people of faith (in partnership with the Trust’s Spirituality and Faith Forum Staff Network)
- LGBT parents
- LGBT people with accessibility needs, disabilities and long term health conditions (partnership with the Trust’s DAWN Staff Network)
- Non-binary people
- Older LGBT people
- Trans people
- Provide a safe space for staff who identify as LGBT+ or are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity to raise LGBT+ issues and concerns
- Provide a place for all staff to raise LGBT+ issues, access LGBT+ advice and receive support on LGBT+ related matters
- Educate staff about LGBT+ issues and best practice in relation to sexual orientation and gender identity
- Raise awareness of the issues and challenges that those who identify as LGBT+ or are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity may experience
- Support our Trust to address concerns and to challenge any discrimination of staff, people who use our services, their carers and communities who identify as LGBT+
- Support our Trust with the development and implementation of policies and procedures ensuring that both staff and people who use our services who identify as LGBT+ are represented and supported
- Provide networking opportunities and peer support for staff who identify as LGBT+ and their allies
- Encourage all staff to become LGBT+ allies and support the work and objectives of the network
- Work in collaboration with other staff networks to raise awareness of equality, diversity, and multiple identities and promote respect for all staff
- Liaise with LGBT+ Networks outside of our Trust to promote understanding of LGBT+ issues
- Offer training opportunities (both formal and informal) for staff across our Trust in relation to LGBT+ issues, how best to support both staff and people who use services, and how to be an effective ally
To find out more contact the network by emailing email@example.com.