Farnham Road Hospital,
Telephone: 01483 448 020 or 01372 204 001
Clinical Lead: Teleatha Herbert - Day Care Manager / Senior Specialist Nurse
Adult Eating Disorder Service Manager: Arran Higgins
Daycare Consultant Psychiatrist: Dr Tayeem Pathan
We offer a day care programme to adults who have eating disorders such as Anorexia Nervosa and severe forms of Bulimia Nervosa.
The programme gives intensive, five day-a-week treatment using a multi-disciplinary approach where nurses, psychiatrists and psychologists as well as therapists such as dieticians, occupational therapists and psychotherapists are involved in giving treatment. The length of a person's stay in the programme is agreed collaboratively with staff.
Features of the programme include:
- Intensive specialist assessment
- Supervised meals and snacks
- Supervised periods after meals
- Specialist nutritional assessment and review
- Medical monitoring and review
- Family or partner involvement, as appropriate
- Individual therapy sessions
- Therapeutic groups such as relaxation, stress management, body image groups, psycho education and creative expression.
Mental Health Crisis Support
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis or emotional distress you can contact our Mental Health Crisis Helpline on 0800 915 4644. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for mental health advice and support. More information at www.sabp.nhs.uk/help
People with speech or hearing difficulties can access the mental health crisis line by:
- Dialling us through the BT Relay App or Textphone: 18001 0800 915 4644. More information at www.relayuk.bt.com
- Sending an SMS text to 07717 989 024 (Please note this service is only available to adults aged 18 years and over).
Referrals to the day care programme can only be made by clinicians working in the eating disorders service within the Trust. We do not accept self-referrals or referrals from GPs.
General referrals into the eating disorder service can be made directly by GPs to any of the locality teams for assessment.