Farnham Road Hospital,
Surrey GU2 7LX,
Telephone: 01483 448 020
Fax: 01372 217 163
Service Manager: Charlotte Bickerstaff
Adult Eating Disorder Service Manager: Arran Higgins
Out of Hours Contact
Trust Crisis Line: 0300 456 83 42
SMS texting for people who are deaf or hard of hearing: 07717 989 024
We offer a day care programme to adults who have eating disorders such as Anorexia Nervosa and severe forms of Bulimia Nervosa.
The programme gives intensive, five day-a-week treatment using a multi-disciplinary approach where nurses, psychiatrists and psychologists as well as therapists such as dieticians, occupational therapists and psychotherapists are involved in giving treatment. The length of a person's stay in the programme is agreed collaboratively with staff.
Features of the programme include:
- Intensive specialist assessment
- Supervised meals and snacks
- Supervised periods after meals
- Specialist nutritional assessment and review
- Medical monitoring and review
- Family or partner involvement, as appropriate
- Individual therapy sessions
- Therapeutic groups such as relaxation, stress management, body image groups, psycho education and creative expression.
- Epsom and Ewell
- Mole Valley
- Reigate and Banstead
- Surrey Heath
Referrals to the day care programme can only be made by clinicians working in the eating disorders service within the Trust. We do not accept self-referrals or referrals from GPs.
General referrals into the eating disorder service can be made directly by GPs to any of the locality teams for assessment.