Joseph Palmer Centre,
319a Walton Road,
Surrey KT8 2QG,
Telephone: 0208 783 3950
Evening appointments available by arrangement with team/practitioner
Service Manager: Jemma Richardson
North West Locality Associate Director: Richard Ilsley
Our Community Mental Health Recovery Services are Secondary Mental Health Teams who provide assessments for evidence based, time limited treatment and psychological interventions for adults with severe and enduring mental health issues. The focus of our whole service is promoting recovery and independence and developing self-management strategies to encourage people to achieve their potential in the community.
We are a multidisciplinary team who provide advice and support for GPs and work with individuals and their carers and can refer or signpost to a number of statutory, independent and voluntary sector agencies. We seek to work closely with individuals and their families as well as other organisations where consent has been given.
For any support with social care needs please contact Surrey County Council at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0300 200 1005
You can self-refer for an assessment of your care and support needs here: Can I get help? (surreycc.gov.uk)
Mental Health Crisis Support
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis or emotional distress you can contact our Mental Health Crisis Helpline on 0800 915 4644. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for mental health advice and support. More information at www.sabp.nhs.uk/help
People with speech or hearing difficulties can access the mental health crisis line by:
- Dialling us through the BT Relay App or Textphone: 18001 0800 915 4644. More information at www.relayuk.bt.com
- Sending an SMS text to 07717 989 024 (Please note this service is only available to adults aged 18 years and over).
We accept referrals from: GPs, IAPT talking therapy providers and social services.
- GPs can refer to us using the NHS Electronic Referral Service
- Other referrers can email a referral to: email@example.com
- Call 0300 456 8342 to speak to our Single Point of Access for Adult Mental Health Services / Mental Health Crisis Helpline if a same day response is needed or you would like to follow up on a referral. We are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Adults aged 18-65 who are experiencing acute or severe and enduring mental health problems, including personality disorder, that requires assessment and intervention from a secondary care team.
28 days for routine appointments, five days for urgent appointments and emergency referrals will be assessed on the same day.