Our Carers' Action Group meets regularly to ensure that we are consistently and continually implementing the Triangle of Care.
Triangle of Care
Developed by the Carers Trust, the Triangle of Care refers to the relationship between people who use services, staff and carers. It promotes safety, supports recovery and sustains wellbeing.
The six standards
- Carers are identified at first contact
- Staff are carer aware
- Confidentiality and information sharing policies in relation to carers are in place
- There are defined roles dedicated to supporting carers
- Information about services and care pathways is available to carers
- A range of carer support services are provided
The group is made up of carers, senior clinical staff from each of our directorates, colleagues from Surrey and Hampshire County Councils, and representatives from Action for Carers. To attend a meeting, or for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
As a member of the Triangle of Care we are required to complete a self assessment to monitor how well we meet the six standards. Our 2017/18 audit is available here.
Read about the Care Act and how we are responding in Surrey.