Is my project Research? 

To find out if your project is research please use the Medical Research Council's decision tool. It is based on the Defining Research leaflet produced by the National Research Ethics Service of the Health Research Authority.

HRA Approval

If your study is led from England and involves the NHS in England, you should obtain HRA Approval. Before you apply for REC review, please visit the applicant guidance section of the HRA website for information about how to apply.

Want to do Research at SABP?

If you are approached by external researchers to participate in a study, you must notify the R&D office prior proceeding because all research carried out at Surrey and Borders requires Trust approval.

To gain approvals for a study please complete an Expression of Interest form. There are two forms, depending on the type of research:

UK Clinical Trials Gateway

National Portfolio Studies which meet specific eligibility criteria are recorded in the UK Clinical Trials Gateway database.  

Please contact the R&D Office on 01932 722 704 or if you have any queries about the process of obtaining Trust approval.