MyTime Chertsey is a service for adults aged 18 and over who have a learning disability and additional needs such as mental health issues, challenging behaviours, autism or epilepsy.
We offer a broad spectrum of tailored day opportunities and work with people using our service, and their carers (including friends, family, advocates and other professionals), to provide individualised support, and develop their strengths and aspirations.
We are passionate about people, and deliver person-centred care through extensive therapeutic approaches and fun, stimulating activity based support. We help people to live more meaningful lives by encouraging them to build their confidence and achieve their goals.
Each person using our service is assigned a keyworker.
- We treat everyone as an individual and meet their needs accordingly through group and one-to-one support.
- Our service is proud to promote and encourage choice, independence and social inclusion whilst helping people to feel valued in all aspects of their life.
- We encourage feedback and are committed to listening to what those who use our service and their carers want and need.
Things we do
We offer a range of activities which help people learn and develop new skills. These include:
- Horse riding
- Sensory activities
- Cookery and sensory food
- Film group
Our centre is a ground floor, open plan, wheelchair accessible building with activity rooms, a sensory room, a large garden with wildlife and sensory area and a barn with full screen cinema. We have a variety of vehicles to suit individual needs, and we promote the use of public transport to enable independence.
Our staff have specialist training in:
- Positive behaviour support
- Intensive interaction techniques
- Assisting people with taking medication.
Individualised training according to need can be arranged as required.