Mental Health Crisis HelpLine
In times of crisis or distress please call: 0300 456 8342
There is a SMS texting facility for people who are deaf or hard of hearing: 07717 989024
Textphone calls for people who are deaf or hard of hearing are supported through the Text Relay Service by calling: 18001 0300 456 8342.
When is the Crisis Helpline available?
- Lines are open 5pm - 9am, Monday to Friday, and 24 hours a day on weekends and bank holidays.
Other useful contacts
What can the Crisis Helpline offer?
- A trained member of staff will listen to your situation and assess what help you may require
- Support and help for people with mental health problems and those who have concerns about them in times of difficulties
- Accurate information and advice about what mental health services are available. If you need the Home Treatment Team we will connect you directly to this service
- Communicate with other services or teams on your behalf if you wish
- Support, in a non-directive way, to empower and encourage you to take control of your own life and come to your own decisions
The Crisis Helpline is staffed by care professionals who are experienced in working with people with mental ill-health.
Will your call be kept confidential?
Yes. However, we may have to pass on details of our assessment or actions to other relevant agencies or professionals in order to ensure that you benefit from additional care and support. We will inform you of such actions.
There may be some circumstances where we would break confidentiality without your consent. Examples of this are if there is a concern that you are putting yourself or another person at risk of serious harm, or if we have been instructed to do so by a court, or if the information is essential for the investigation of a serious crime.
Our Safe Havens provide out-of-hours help and support to people and their carers who are experiencing a mental health crisis or emotional distress. There are five Safe Havens across Surrey and north east Hampshire which are open evenings, weekends and bank holidays:
CYP Havens (10-18 year olds)
The CYP Havens are four drop-in services for 10 to 18 year olds who need a safe place to talk about how they are feeling. They are open after school from 4pm - 8pm and on Saturday or Sunday afternoons. Opening days and time vary so please see individual service information.
There are a number of professionals on hand including a mental health nurse, youth worker and peer mentor.
Just Wellbeing Safe Haven
Just Wellbeing offer mental health crisis support for 10 to 17 years olds experiencing anxiety, depression, stress, self harm or who need to talk.
4 Hillside Road
Aldershot, GU11 3NB
Tel: 08000 6141 32 (telephone support is only available during opening times)
Opening times: Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sun 6:30pm-8:30pm